Pre-backup and post-backup commands give customers a lot more flexibility when deploying the Ahsay backup solution to different environments or when there are changes to the existing environment. This option enables the customer to define command(s) or a script such as a .bat file on Windows or a .sh file on Linux/FreeBSD, which Ahsay will automatically execute before and or after the backup job.
The following are examples of how pre-backup and post-backup commands are used for backups of applications or databases not officially supported by Ahsay:
- Perform shutdown of a database for a cold backup
- Perform a startup of a database after a cold backup
- Perform a shutdown of an application or service before a backup
- Perform a startup of an application or service after a backup
- Generate a dump or an export of a database(s) using a native utility to a temporary location for a backup
- Deleting some temporary files from the disk before starting backup or after the backup is completed