Ahsay backup provides total protection for all your guest VM's running on Hyper-V standalone or Hyper-V cluster hosts.
- Secure, reliable and flexible solution for Hyper-V protection.
- Instant recovery and granular restoration to meet recovery objectives.
- Scalability to meet growing needs.
- Ensure business continuity/disaster recovery (BCDR).
When your guest VMs are backed up with Ahsay using the latest data protection technologies, Immutable backups, AES 256-bit data encryption, Two-factor authentication, Restore Drill etc. A complete recovery is guaranteed in case of disaster.
Secure, reliable, and fast backups
To ensure data reliability, significantly reduce the amount of backup data transferred, and ultimately improve backup performance, Ahsay uses a range of different technologies:
- Select all VMs or specific VMs to backup.
- Select all or specific virtual disks of each VM to backup.
- Microsoft VSS (Volume Shadow Copy service), which takes a snapshot of the guest VMs to ensure complete data consistency.
- Application awareness on Windows guest VMs means all data in memory and pending transactions are automatically flushed to disk to guarantee application-level data consistency.
- Windows RCT (Resilient Change Tracking) technology detects data block level changes on a guest VM, which means only data blocks that have changed since the last backup job are included in the backup data.
- Automatically excluding the swap file and deleted data blocks on the virtual disk(s) from the backup data.
- Data deduplication detects and removes duplicate data, only backing up unique data. It can reduce cost and storage usage by up to 90%.
What are the benefits?
When disaster strikes, you have flexible guest VM recovery options:
Standard recovery options:
- Restore guest VMs to the original location on the same Hyper-V host.
- Restore guest VMs to an alternate storage location on the same Hyper-V host.
- Restore guest VMs as raw files for manual recovery on the same Hyper-V host or a different Hyper-V host.
Advanced recovery options:
- Using granular restore, mount the virtual disk(s) of the guest VM directly from the backup file located on the backup destination. Then use Ahsay UI or Windows File Explorer to recover files/folders.
- Using VM Run Direct, start running a virtual machine directly from the backup file located on the backup destination. Without the need to physically restore it to the Hyper-V host.
- Using Live Migration can physically restore the running guest VM back to the Hyper-V host.
How to backup Hyper-V?
Please refer to the following instructions found in Support > Step 3 > Virtual Machines > Hyper-V