For System backup of Windows 2008/ 2008 R2/ 2012/ 2012 R2/ 2016 or SBS 2011, please ensure that the following requirements or recommendations are met:
- AhsayOBM is installed on the computer to be backed up.
- Sufficient disk spaces are required for the temporary directory (actual size depending on the volume).
The following Windows Features are installed on the client computer:
Windows Server Backup Features
- Windows Server Backup
- Command line Tool
- Windows PowerShell
Limitations on the temporary directory:
- Temporary directory must be a local or USB drive and local drive is preferred option.
- Temporary directory can be a non-critical or critical drive.
- Temporary directory can only be set to the root of a drive.
- Shadow Copies storage location of temporary directory must be set to local.
- The Microsoft Windows System backup module (wbadmin start backup) uses the .vhd format for writing backups.
For System backup of Windows 7, Windows 2008/ 2008 R2/ SBS 2011 and Windows Home Server 2011, the current virtual hard disk specification limits the size of a virtual hard disk to be 2040 GB (2 TB), which can fit a volume of size 2040 GB minus 2 MB.
For details, please refer to:
Set the name of the backup set
|Name||This is the name of the backup set. You can create a meaningful name for it.|
|Backup Type||Enter the correct backup type from the drop down box.|
To create a backup set name:
- Type in a meaningful backup set name.
- Enter correct backup type, eg: MS Windows System backup.
- Click [Next] button to continue.